- the most clear part of the project was the canvas they wanted to work with, which was a billboard overlooking what was once a highway
- the guidelines they worked from were the instructions the owners of the billboard would send to to advertisers
- the most difficult part of the project was working on something they themselves were not going to make
How did they work it, image-wise, to final scale?
- a lot of photographing the site and then manipulating the image in photoshop
- final was rendered with 3D models but still mostly photoshop
Was it difficult to navigate the bureaucratic elements?
- they didn’t get much feedback at all from the company, which mostly just have the nod
- overall the company was mostly thrilled and didn’t give them much trouble
How did politics enter into this?
- the pencil was obvious, as it was about lanscapes being erased and redrawn
- they tried to keep it PG and not cause te company grief
Feedback from the regular audience?
- they received an uplifting email from someone who lived across from the billboard and was enraged when the pencil was taken down